Constellation Yacht Model
Design with short keel and long waterline allowed to have a good speed in light winds, the Constellation successfully defended the 1964 Amercia Cup with the skipper Bob Bavier. Inspired by the winning spirit, this scale model yacht looks to bring the Constellation to life with everything from the materials used to the shape of the boat ensuring she stands out accordingly. From atop a mantle, table or shelf in any room, this racing yacht model is a highlight for your meeting room, beach house or office.
Key features of the 60cm Constellation model yacht
- Dimensions: 60 x 12 x 77cm with stand.
- Hand-crafted using individual wooden planks.
- Made according to scale, plans and imagery of the actual Constellation yacht.
- Details on the deck, including the helm wheel, rope coils and cleats.
- Meticulously painted ensures the model matches the colour scheme of the real racing yacht.
- Pre-assembled and just need small assembly with provided instructions.
- No rigging is needed, masts are put down for safe-shipping.
- The model attached onto a sturdy wooden base with nameplate for perfect display.
About the Constellation (1964) yacht
Constellation is an American racing yacht in 12-metre class and was designed by Olin J. Stephens. Stehphens’ aim was to have an improved version of Columbia with a further refinement of the keel area and an improvement of the equipment as lightweight as was admitted by the rule. She was a quite elegant all-round boat, which was selected as Cup Defender over the large and powerful American Eagle , which was only superior in heavy weather. And she successfully defended the 1964 Amercia’s Cup by the victory 4-0 over the British contender Sovereign.
This item does not qualify for delivery to a 'P.O Box' due to it's dimensions. Sorry for the inconvenience.